Kawasaki Ninja 1000 – 2018
Brand: Kawasaki Bike Type: Ninja
A dream combination: Ninja + Touring
Now in its third iteration, the polished Ninja 1000 continues to offer the comfort and convenience to enable sport riding enthusiasts to take their seductively styled machines touring. Complementing the smooth power delivery and extremely composed handling, the NINJA 1000 model features outstanding touring performance care of highly efficient wind protection, superb comfort and the clean-mount pannier system. The Ninja family styling deepens its sporty image. Loaded with the latest electronics technology that Kawasaki has to offer, the Ninja 1000 is equipped to meet a wide range of rider needs.
Sharp Ninja Styling
All-new bodywork includes a much sharper front cowl with a decidedly closer resemblance to Kawasaki’s Ninja supersport models. The more aggressive visage is complemented by fierce new LED headlamps. The dynamic and sporty bodywork reflects the Ninja 1000’s exciting street riding potential.
- Supersport-style full-fairing bodywork gives the Ninja 1000 a distinct, head-turning look. The sleek styling also offers a good measure of wind protection, facilitating short touring runs.
- Front cowl design is much sharper, giving the Ninja 1000 a much sportier appearance and greatly increasing its Ninja family resemblance.
- Chin spoilers similar to those on the Ninja H2 and Ninja ZX-10R strengthen the resemblance.
- Sharp, compact design of the LED headlamps contributes to the Ninja 1000’s fierce expression.
- Wider fairings offering increased wind protection cover a portion of the frame for a very integrated look.
- Front turn signals are built into to the fairings. Their more compact design contributes to the Ninja 1000’s sportier image.
- Both Riders and Passenger seat deliver increased comfort.
- 5-way adjustable clutch lever can be set to suit the size of the rider’s hands, contributing to rider comfort.
Power Mode Selection
A choice of Full Power or Low Power modes allows riders to set power delivery to suit preference and conditions. The right power at the right time.
Display functions include: odometer, dual trip meters, remaining range, current and average fuel consumption, external temperature, coolant temperature, clock, Economical Riding Indicator, Large analogue tachometer flanked by warning lamps on one side, a gear position indicator and multi-function LCD screen on the other. Stylish and easy to read.
Cool Air System
The Cool Air system routes cool air to the airbox from ducts at the front of the side fairings, minimising performance loss due to heated intake air. This is a feature for rider comfort on the 2017 Ninja 1000.
The Ninja 1000 is equipped with KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function), Kawasaki’s latest IMU-enhanced electronics package. On the Ninja 1000, KCMF oversees the following systems: KTRC (including traction and wheelie control), KIBS (including pitching and corner braking control)
Engine tuning focused on the feeling the rider gets when opening the throttle. Strong torque is complemented by direct throttle response. Revised engine settings offer even smoother power delivery and cleaner emissions.
- Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve 1,043 cm3 In-line Four offers impressive power (105 kW (143 PS)) and strong torque.
- Good over-rev characteristics mean the power does not drop off suddenly at high rpm
- Power delivery is quite linear, but the engine spins up noticeably faster from about 7,000 rpm onwards. Silky smooth response from mid-high rpm ensures excellent driveability
- Revised ECU settings contribute to even smoother power delivery, facilitating control and contributing to rider comfort and confidence, and deliver cleaner emissions, ensuring various market regulations (including Euro 4) are cleared.
Enhanced Intake Note
Designed specifically so that the acceleration could be enjoyed aurally as well as physically, the carefully crafted auditory note of the intake is a key component of the street riding exhiliration offered by the Ninja 1000.
*Weekly payments provided for indicative purposes and are to approved purchasers only. The payments don't consider your personal situation, insurances & loan protection, warranty options, gap cover or accessories. Figure above is based upon a personal finance application for the advertised price of the vehicle. Additional costs may be applicable. Repayments are based on 11.95% over 60 months with 10% deposit. Comparison rate 12.54% and is based on a secured consumer fixed rate loan of $30,000 over a term of 60 months. WARNING: This comparison rate is true o nly for this example given and may not include all fees and charges. Alternate terms, fees or other loan amounts may result in different comparison rates. Terms and conditions are available on request. For accurate repayments based on your situation please speak to one of our fully qualified finance managers.
**Recommended Retail Price: $0 Ride Away